Search This Blog

4.9.10

This Week's Plays

It has been requested that I post the plays farther in advance to give people the opportunity to get and read the plays along with me. I happily oblige! I will attempt to post them two weeks in advance, leaving the option open to make substitutions if the mood strikes me!

Without further ado. This week's plays are (in this order):

1) Becky's New Car by Steven Dietz
2) Split by Michael Weller
3) The House of Yes by Wendy MacLeod
4) Coastal Disturbances by Tina Howe
5) Loose Knit by Theresa Rebeck
6) Golden Boy by Clifford Odets
7) The Actor's Nightmare by Christopher Durang

NEXT week's plays:

1) All My Sons by Arthur Miller
2) Rabbit Hole by David Lindsay-Abaire
3) Dublin Carol by Conor McPherson
4) The 39 Steps adapted by Patrick Barlow, from the novel by John Buchan
5) Eurydice by Sarah Ruhl
6) The Rainmaker by N. Richard Nash
7) Plenty by David Hare

I would be remiss not to mention that if you're in the NY area, the Strand is by far your best stop to search for plays. I have found many gems there over the years, including many in the $1.00 bins outside the store!

Happy Reading! :)

No comments:

Labels

' (1) absurdist (1) american (68) British (17) chekhov (1) classical (33) comedic (49) contemporary (108) dramatic (44) fairy-tale (1) farce (8) helen keller (1) impediment (2) Irish (1) musical (2) no role (3) nudity (1) one-act (9) pulitzer (4) role (117) serio-comedic (43) shakespeare (4) Shaw (2) thriller (1) tragedy (4) translation (3) war (2)